WordPress is an open source blog software package that anyone can use WordPress to create a website or run a blog without editing code such as PHP and HTML. WordPress can be used like a service such as Tumblr or Tistory, where you can subscribe and use blog services, or you can download a package and install it on the server to build a personal site or blog. It is reported that 37.6% of all websites on the Internet worldwide are built using WordPress.
Types of sites you can create with WordPress
WordPress was created to provide a service that allows you to build a blog-type site that allows you to continue publishing articles with a topic within a specific frame at the time of initial production, but in the present case, websites with various topics can be created with WordPress.
- Personal / Business Blog
- Business website where you can introduce your business
- Web Shopping mall where transactions are actually made
- Portfolio site where you can introduce yourself
- Forum where you can enjoy the community with people from various topics
- Learning sites that can provide educational content
2 WordPress types
WordPress can be used in two ways. A subscription-type WordPress operation method to build a blog by signing up for WordPress.com without web hosting (server rental), and an installation-type WordPress that can be used by downloading and installing the package to build WordPress from WordPress.org on the web hosting server. There is. You can build a website and blog in a way that suits you by referring to the features of each WordPress below.
- You can create a blog right away by signing up for wordpress.com.
- Even beginners can build blogs and websites without difficulty.
- There are fewer errors compared to the installed WordPress.
- There is no need for separate web hosting or server rental.
- It is not possible to use external plug-ins.
- FTP cannot connect.
- You are free to change the hosting cost according to your site visitors.
- You can use WordPress’ own advertising platform.
- You can create a blog or site by downloading the WordPress package file from WordPress.org and installing it on the server.
- You have to spend some operating cost for web hosting (server).
- Free to use various themes and plugins to build your site and blog with WordPress.
- FTP access, theme modification, plugin modification, etc. are possible.
- The degree of freedom for customization is high, but some knowledge of PHP, Mysql, apache, HTML, CSS, JS, etc. is required.